Take a look around and you will notice numerous items are made from plastic. From toys, food containers, and household items, plastic is a constant in our daily lives. However, if you want to make a difference and save the planet, you must minimize your plastic use. Here are a few things you need to know if you want to make this big change.
Reason To Minimize Plastic
Did you know that the creation of plastic is no simple process? Plastic products require a substantial amount of energy, which negatively affects our planet. It uses many resources during the production process, draining these valuable elements and affecting our planet.
Many individuals don’t worry about their plastic consumption because they plan to recycle the item. Unfortunately, very little plastic is actually recycled and plastic can take a long time to break down, causing negative consequences on our planet.
How to Minimize Your Plastic Use
There are many small things you can do each day that will help to minimize your plastic use. A few ideas include:
- Take your own reusable grocery bags to the grocery store. Don’t forget to bring a reusable bag for your produce as well.
- Don’t use plastic straws. Choose reusable straws, such as metal straws, instead.
- Use natural cleaning solutions such as vinegar and water solutions rather than purchase harsh chemicals from the store.
- Make your own food items like bread and yogurt. When store-bought, these arrive in plastic packaging. Plus, you can eat healthier by making your own foods and avoiding excess sodium, sugars, fats, etc.
- Strive to shop in the bulk section of the store. This will help to reduce plastic and cardboard use from the various packaging material.
Helping the earth doesn’t have to be that difficult. If you want to make a difference on our planet, start recycling today. Visit us at Sunrise Sanitation Services where we accept a variety of items to recycle and reuse. Contact us today for any questions.